can be found in a number places and items.
Some of the places I look to when designing cakes are:
- interior design - I am drawn to the patterns, textures, color trends and architectural details.
- paper - scrapbook papers, invitations, notepaper, and custom designed monograms.
- design seeds - a great website that uses photos to show color combinations
- nature - flowers are a great source of inspiration to me and often I am looking for the next flower to make with gumpaste.
- fashion (not bridal) - it gives a fresh seasonal glimpse into the current trends and colors.
When thinking of what to share with us regarding the design inspiration of your cake - look to your invitations, color selections, floral choices, monograms, linen selections, venue and any patterns or textures that are being used throughout the event. The better we can envision the event the better we can design a cake that will compliment and fit the occasion.
2. Render a Sketch:
After the consultation we will have an understanding of the direction to take the cake design. We will begin to work on a sketch of your cake, but please understand that design doesn't just happen. It may take days or it may take weeks for a sketch to be emailed.
Rebecca will work together with you, sharing her opinions and giving guidance as needed until the sketch is the cake of your dreams
- Rebecca sketches on Tuesdays and Wednesday of each week.
- She does her best to sketch in the order she receives them, but there are times when she has a vision for a cake or she receives a last minute order and has to rearrange her work list.
- Sketches are all done on graph paper to make sure that they are as close to scale as possible.
- Not all sketches will be done in color
3. The Finished Cake:
Details of the Cake:
click images to view larger